Attorney at Law
As a young man growing up in Lebanon, Indiana, Jeffry Lind was inspired to become a lawyer after watching the small town’s attorneys work hard to help members of his community.
After receiving a bachelor’s degree from Indiana University in 1985, Jeff attended law school at DePaul University in Chicago and Indiana University School of Law in Indianapolis. He received his JD in 1988 from DePaul University. Jeff is admitted to the bars in Indiana (1988) and Illinois (2002).
Jeff’s practice is focused on business representation, mergers and acquisitions (purchases and sales of ongoing business enterprises), mediator of civil disputes and general civil litigation, including trust and estate disputes.
With a nod to the attorneys who served as his role models, Jeff has been inspired to give back to the community and the profession. Over the past two decades, he has served as
- President, Indiana State Bar Association (2010-2011)
- Commissioner, Indiana Supreme Court Commission for Continuing Legal Education (2006-2008)
- Member of the Indiana State Board of Law Examiners (2012 to present)
- Chair, of the Legal Education and Admission to the Bar Committee of the Indiana State Bar Association (now, Professional Legal Education, Admission and Development Section) (1997)
- President, Indiana Bar Foundation (2004-2005)
- Chair, Indiana Legal Education Conclave (2002-2003)
- President, Terre Haute Bar Association (2001-2002)
- Chair, Indiana State Bar Association Probate, Trust and Real Property Section (2001-2002)
- Vice-chair, Indiana Supreme Court Lawyers Trust Accounts Technical Committee (1996-1999)
- Chair, Indiana State Bar Association Young Lawyers’ Section (1993-1994)
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association House of Delegates, (1992-2006) (2008-2012)
- Board of Governors, (1993-1994, 1998-2000, 2004-2006 and 2008-2012)
- Chair of the House of Delegates (2005-2006)
- Former Member, American Bar Association House of Delegates (1995-1998 and 2009-2011)
- Board Member, Indiana Continuing Education Forum (1995-1996 and 2008-2010)
- Registered civil mediator (since 2007)
Jeff is peer-ranked by Martindale-Hubble as AV Preeminent, indicating the highest level of ethical standards and professional ability.
The Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings help buyers of legal services identify, evaluate, and select the most appropriate lawyer for a specific task at hand. Lawyer Ratings serve as an objective indicator that a lawyer has the highest ethical standards and professional ability and are used by buyers of legal services to justify their hiring decisions. Combined with the Martindale-Hubbell ® Client Review Ratings, self-reported professional credentials and other fact-based performance data, the Peer Review Ratings contribute to the comprehensive view of a lawyer.
2019 and 2020 Super Lawyer ®